Screen Print Experience Class SAC
"Hi, my name is Andrew Nguyen and I am a partner at A1 Trading Co. in Sacramento, CA. Although, I find myself wearing many hats during the day my primary responsibility at the shop is making sure orders get done correctly and on time. Throughout my time as a shop owner I have learned that printing is as much a science as it is an art. I am constantly educating myself on new techniques and trying to gain deeper knowledge in everything from stencil creation to the finished cured product. We decided to partner with Ryonet's education department because it gives us an opportunity to meet and collaborate with others who're passionate about screen printing."
Meet your instructor!- Brian Richards
Brian Richards started screen printing just out of high school; printing shirts for college clubs and organizations with a Ryonet starter kit out of his two-car garage. He developed a love for the process, committed himself to learning the graphic design aspects of the business and spent 7 years in the industry before launching his own business. After three years in operation, Brian sold his company to an existing group of young entrepreneurs, A1 Trading Co. Full circle, he is now teaching with A1 to artists and entrepreneurs who are interested in learning and developing the craft of screen printing. Together they are committed to helping others learn and be successful.
Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
2608 R. St., Sacramento, CA. 95816
Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
Holiday Inn Downtown Sacramento-Arena
300 J St, Sacramento,CA. 95814 (916) 446-0100
Holiday Inn Express- Sacramento Convention Center
728 16th St, Sacramento, CA 95814 (916) 444-4436
The Screen Printing Class Includes:
- Blank t-shirts to print on (these are yours to keep, sizes vary)
- Lunch for both days (call week prior for vegetarian options)
- Ryonet screen printing class book and materials for note taking
- Screen printing instructional DVD
- Most importantly, the skills and knowledge to progress in the industry
This class is for 16 years of age and up. No minors younger than 16 years of age due to safety requirements and labor laws.
The Screen Printing Class Covers:
- Basic artwork flow
- Film output options
- Choosing the right mesh for your project
- Setting up a dark room
- Choosing the right emulsion and properly coating your screen
- Using a pre-registration template
- Properly burning a screen
- Screen washout techniques
- How to register your job
- Proper silk screen printing techniques
- Clean-up techniques
- Overview of Illustrator, Accurip,Separation Studio, and Photoshop
- Spot color printing
- Four color process (CMYK) printing
- Simulated process printing
- Foil applications
- Discharge printing and mixing
- Water based printing
- Discuss printing on paper
- Tips on the business side of screen printing
Once you have paid for your class, refunds are not available. You must contact us no less than 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend the class you signed up for, we are happy to assist you in rescheduling for a different class at that point. If you do not contact us 24 hours in advance you will be charged a re-booking fee of $50. You may, also, choose to receive in-store credit in the same amount you paid for class tuition, or $50 less (if you did not contact us 24 hours in advance), which you can use towards your next Ryonet purchase. To make arrangements, or to request help, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-314-6390.