Screen Print Experience Class Portland, OR (PDX)
Ryonet loves working with partners who have the same passion for screen printing education that we have!
Meet your instructors! - Matt Mirpourian & Miguel Rivera
Pacific North Press is located in Portland, Oregon, an urban and eclectic part of the Pacific Northwest. The print shop formed when two small but formidable Portland print shops found themselves in direct competition with each other. Miguel and Matt had many mutual friends and met them. Day after day they'd be sending quotes out to the same customers and friends. Once they realized that this was the case, they quickly joined forces and formed Pacific North Press. Both Miguel and Matt had a strong desire to print high quality, complex prints and build their respective shops into bigger, automated facilities, so it only made sense to come together to achieve their goals. Miquel and Matt are starting out their second year in this partnership.
The duo truly loves printing. Matt and Miguel enjoy being able to work in an industry of talented artists, interesting businesses, and skilled business folks. Both have spent long hours and late nights making sure their prints were extra perfect while respecting and innovating the craft. Matt and Miguel can't wait to bring new printers into the fold!
Saturday & Sunday: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
14 NE Tillamook, Portland, OR 97212
Portland International Airport (PDX)
1441 NE 2nd Ave., Portland, OR 97232 (503) 233-2401
Shilo Inn - Rose Garden
1506 NE 2nd Ave., Portland OR 97232
The Screen Printing Class Includes:
- Blank Allmade t-shirts (2nds) to print on (these are yours to keep, sizes vary)
- Lunch for both days (call week prior for vegetarian options)
- Ryonet screen printing class book and materials for note taking
- Most importantly, the skills and knowledge to progress in the industry
This class is for 16 years of age and up. No minors younger than 16 years of age due to safety requirements and labor laws.
The Screen Printing Class Covers:
- Basic artwork flow
- Film output options
- Choosing the right mesh for your project
- Setting up a dark room
- Choosing the right emulsion and properly coating your screen
- Using a pre-registration template
- Properly burning a screen
- Screen washout techniques
- How to register your job
- Proper silk screen printing techniques
- Clean-up techniques
- Creating artwork using Corel, Accurip, and Separation Studio
- Spot color printing
- Four color process (CMYK) printing
- Simulated process printing
- Foil applications
- Discharge printing and mixing
- Water based printing
- Discuss printing on paper
- Overview of different apparel types
- Tips on business side of screen printing
Once you have paid for your class, refunds are not available. You must contact us no less than 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend the class you signed up for, we are happy to assist you in rescheduling for a different class at that point. If you do not contact us 24 hours in advance you will be charged a re-booking fee of $50. You may, also, choose to receive in-store credit in the same amount you paid for class tuition, or $50 less (if you did not contact us 24 hours in advance), which you can use towards your next Ryonet purchase. To make arrangements, or to request help, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-314-6390.
*Classes are subject to change. We will notify you of any updates via email. Please note Ryonet is not responsible for lost deposit or travel booking fees if class dates change due to unforeseen circumstances.