Upgrading your Riley Hopkins 300 press with side clamps is a huge step toward screen stability and print precision. The assembly instructions for Riley Hopkins side clamps are designed to guide you through the process of installing and securing these clamps onto your printing press. Install easily today and create better prints tomorrow!
8-COLOR PRESSES ONLY: Replace the tilts knob assembly with the extended version. Unlock from the rod end with two 9/16” wrenches. Re-lock the new knob assembly to the rod end. Replace the off-contact brackets with the extended versions.
If you have a 4- or 6-color press, skip this step.
STEP 2: SIDE CLAMP CROSS BAR INSTALLATION
Insert the threaded tilt knob into the female rod end on the print head assembly. Thread into the rod ends until the cross bar makes flat contact with tilt brackets. Tighten hardware at this time. See the image key below. Image key:
- Tilt knob assembly with locking jam knob
- 3/8” fixed mounting bolts
- 3/8” hardened washers
- 3/8” hex nuts
STEP 3: SIDE CLAMP BODY INSTALLATION
Insert side clamp body assemblies onto the sliding rail assemblies. Do not use force to install. If there are challenges installing the body, loosen the hardware slightly on sliding pillow blocks. A 10 mm wrench is required for this step. Re-tighten hardware once installed on the slider assembly. To hold the clamp body in place on the slider bar, lock down the knob.
STEP 4: LEVEL SCREEN CLAMP HEADS
Level the screen clamping heads to the pallets. This one-time setting will work for the vast majority of printing jobs. Future adjustments may be required to accommodate “custom” platens that are much higher than standard.
- Ensure the print head arm is level with the print station.
- Make sure the registration gate setting allows height adjustment and locks in place.
- Lock down a flat board in the screen clamp to set them level to the platens.
- Use a 9/16” wrench to adjust the hardware in the slotted off-contact brackets.
- DO NOT adjust this factory set off-contact riser.