Our DIY UV Screen Exposure Bulb is a great way to expose emulsion for an economical price. This CFL UV Fluorescent Bulb is specifically manufactured for Ryonet and not available on the market anywhere else. Simply screw in the bulb to any light fixture and safely expose a screen with the recommended WBP Dual Cure Emulsion for 10-11 minutes in a light safe environment.
- Electrical: 110v 25W 60 Hz
- Mount: E27 Base
- UV Wave Length: 360-380nm
To Expose A Screen:
- Source a light fixture to power bulb.
- In a light safe environment center bulb directly above the middle of the screen at a height of 12-15 inches. Note: The higher your bulb is, the longer your exposure time, and the more coverage to the screen. The lower your bulb is, the shorter your exposure time, but the more direct your light source is to the center of the screen. For larger screens use a higher distance and increase exposure time.
- Place opaque black transparency reverse onto shirt side of screen and tape to screen. If your transparency is not opaque your screen will not expose as well. We recommend using Ryonet's Waterproof Rite-Film and Blackmax Ink powered by AccuRIP for maximum density. Rite-Film will also work with standard Epson printer ink. Use BEST QUALITY PHOTO and PREMIUM GLOSSY PHOTO PAPER settings in your print driver.
- You can add a piece of thin optically clear glass on top of your screen to increase the positive pressure during exposure. This is optional but will increase the detail gained during exposure.
- Expose for 10-11 minutes in a light safe environment. Note: Ensure your screen is bone dry before exposing, we recommend drying and exposing in a room under 40% humidity. The more emulsion your screen has, the longer your exposure times will be. Increase exposure for lower mesh counts.
- Exposing with RyoCap: Expose for 3:45-4 minutes (depending on mesh) in a light safe environment. Note: Ensure your screen is bone dry before exposing, we recommend drying and exposing in a room under 40% humidity. If your screen washes out too easily, increase your exposure times slightly. If your image has a hard time rinsing out, decrease your exposure times slightly.
- Washout your screen in a light safe environment.
- If your image does not expose or washout properly.
- First ensure you are in a light safe environment.
- Ensure your screen is coated with a thin coat of emulsion and allowed to dry so it is smooth to the touch. If your emulsion is tacky you need to either coat it with less emulsion or dry it for a longer period of time. You can use a clean fan or dehumidifier to speed up the drying process.
- Ensure your film positive is dark.
- Ensure your screen has positive contact between the film positive and the screen mesh. Add a sheet of glass or foam under the screen to increase positive contact.
- If your screen exposes but is slimy, increase exposure time by 1 minute and try again.
UV Light Notice :
This bulb emits UV Light. Eye protection should be used during this process. Always use proper precautions to be safe. Prolonged exposure directly to eyes or skin will cause damage. Keep out of reach of children.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Frequently Bought Together
- halogen bulb
- uv exposure unit
- WBP Hybrid Emulsion
- beginner printers
- tube light
Excelente opcion para iniciar quemados, combinado con la emulsion wbp los quemados salen facilicimos
Great Exposure Bulb
Love the option of a exposore bulb that isn’t a tube light. Great quality, nicely packaged, very pleased.
Great Products...Great Service
I received both items on time and exactly as described. The website is easy to maneuver around and get what you need without wasting time.
Hey Curtis! Yay!!!! We're so happy you're happy :) We do our best to make our site as easy to navigate as possible, as well as our product pages! We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your order went, and your positive feedback. We wouldn't be us without YOU! Keep up the great printing, friend! Let us know if we can help! :) Best, Kayli B
Exposure Bulb and small uv exposure unit
Bought this to have as as a backup bulb for the Ryonet small uv exposure unit recently purchased . This exposure unit is a game changer when compared to the 500 halogen bulb I was using before. Screens exposed in minutes and the quality is incredible.
Hey Tom! Yes! This bulb is every DIY'rs dream come true! So glad you left us a review, thank you! Happy printing :)
Works awesome...I'm about 9 minutes 30 seconds with a new bulb at 14".
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear this bulb is working to lower your burn times - every minute counts! Happy Printing :-)