Ever wonder about the exact tension of your mesh? 95% of printing issues directly relate to the tension of the mesh. Ultimately, screens with low tension won’t pop off the garment like they’re supposed to. Printers can experience issues with off-contact and print consistency. 25 newtons of tension is considered “good” tension. Wouldn’t it be nice to know what mesh tension a screen is at?
Take out the guessing with the BASELAYR Tension Meter. The bi-directional Tension Meter is the perfect complement for anyone using mesh panels or traditional fabric stretching. Dial in screen tension today with the BASELAYR Tension Meter.
- The jeweled movement ensures accuracy to +/- 1% for the full scale of the dial. Measures 0 – 130 N/cm. Comes with its own calibration certificate. Indicator made to AGD design specifications.
- The meter accurately measures the deflection of all screen printing fabrics to maintain suggested tolerances easily.
- Steel base and heavy-duty aluminum indicator case are matched for the most extreme production floor environments. Engineered design of the indicator movement and base mechanism allows for greater resistance to impacts and jarring.
- Heavy-duty, dedicated plastic hard case with patented unbreakable latch. Precision die-cut custom foam interior to hold and protect your tension meter firmly. 5/16" thick glass calibration standard included.
HOW TO USE
- Set the tension meter on the calibration glass provided. The tension meter should read zero. If this is not the case, loosen the knob at the top of the meter and move the indicator to zero manually to calibrate the meter.
- To check mesh tension, place the meter in the center of the screen. The tension meter will read the mesh direction perpendicular to the metal reading rod at the meter's bottom.
- Rotate the meter 90 degrees to read the other direction of the mesh. This will give you an accurate mesh tension reading of the mesh stretched across the entire screen.
- Both directions of the mesh should be no more than 1 Newton different from each other.