- Increases stencil's lifespan, especially for water-based and discharge inks.
- Eliminates pinholes, fisheyes, and streaks, speeding up the screen making process and leading to less issues on-press.
- Its chemistry contains a chemical that enhances the bond between emulsion and mesh, leading to a sturdier, more durable stencil.
Baselayr Emulsion Prep is a high-tech degreaser formulated to improve the life of all emulsion stencils during printing. The emulsion prep increases the stencil lifespan specifically for those printing water-based and discharge inks. The degreaser removes all dust and oils from both new and previously reclaimed screens to eliminate pinholes, fisheyes, and streaks in the emulsion. The prep contains a special chemical that helps all emulsions create a superior bond to the mesh.
For new printers or individuals unsure about their reclaim processes, we strongly encourage you to use Baselayr Emulsion Prep as your final step when reclaiming. Removing impurities in the water and prepping the mesh for proper emulsion adhesion is important. Baselayr Emulsion Prep is a safety measure to achieve a properly cleaned screen.
For long run water-based/discharge productions, we recommend using the Emulsion Prep with Baselayr Complete.
Everything starts and ends in your darkroom. Elevate your darkroom with Baselayr Emulsion Prep today.
VIEW THE BASELAYR EMULSION PRODUCT CATALOG
- 100% Biodegradable.
- Concentrated formula for long-lasting use.
- Improves the durability of ALL direct emulsions.
- Dyed color ensures a completely clean rinse from mesh.
- Eliminates fisheyes and streaks when coating a screen.
- Maximizes mesh adhesion for both emulsion and capillary film stencils.
- Optimizes resolution and definition of burned screens.
This product is concentrated. We recommend adding water to dilute before use - but can be used at full strength without issue.
- Mix Ratio: 1:9. Mix one part Baselayr Emulsion Prep with nine parts water in a separate spray bottle.
- Prior to using, remove all ink or emulsion residue left on the screen. Follow best practices for reclaiming a screen.
- For new or reclaimed mesh screens, liberally apply the Baselayr Emulsion Prep solution to both sides of a wet or dry screen with a brush or sponge.
- Thoroughly rinse the screen with a cascade of water from a hose to remove all traces of Baselayr Emulsion Prep.
- Dry the clean, freshly prepared screens and use immediately or store in a dust-free environment.
When sealed in the original container and stored in cool conditions, Baselayr Emulsion Prep will maintain its original properties for two years from the date of production. Store away from direct sunlight and heat. Do not freeze.
GENERAL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
Keep out of reach of children. Do not take it internally. Avoid contact with eyes. Wash thoroughly after handling. FIRST AID: Eyes: Flush for 15 minutes, seek medical attention if irritation persists.
Swallowed: Drink large quantities of water and get immediate medical attention.
Skin: Wash with soap and water, seek medical attention if irritation occurs.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY: Store away from direct sunlight and heat. Do not freeze. Water based, no phosphates, biodegradable.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.