Quart containers are popular for screen printers looking to store and mix ink for their printing projects. These containers, which typically hold one quart of ink, offer several benefits when it comes to screen printing. Let’s explore some ways quart containers can be used in screen printing.
- Ink storage: Quart containers are an excellent option for storing ink between print runs. They are typically made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE), which is resistant to solvents and chemicals, making them ideal for storing ink. Quart containers are also lightweight and stackable, making them easy to store and transport.
- Mixing ink: Quart containers are the perfect size for mixing ink. Screen printers can mix ink in a quart container, which is then ready to use in the printing process. Mixing ink in a quart container makes it easier to achieve consistent colors throughout a print run.
RELATED: WHAT IS AN INK MIXING SYSTEM?
- Ink dispensing: Quart containers with a pour spout are ideal for dispensing ink directly onto the screen. This makes it easier to control the amount of ink used and reduces the risk of spills or waste.
- Cleaning supplies: Quart containers can also be used to store and transport cleaning supplies, such as screen wash and emulsion remover. This ensures that the supplies are easily accessible and organized, reducing the risk of spills and accidents.
- Customization: Quart containers can be labeled with the ink type, color, and other relevant information. This helps screen printers keep track of their inventory and ensures that the correct ink is used for each print run.
RELATED: WHAT ARE PANTONE COLORS?
Quart containers are a versatile and valuable tool for screen printers. They can be used for ink storage, mixing, dispensing, and even storing and transporting cleaning supplies. By utilizing quart containers in their screen printing process, printers can improve efficiency, reduce waste, and achieve consistent and high-quality results.