Screen Print Experience Class Los Angeles, CA
Ryonet loves working with partners who open their shop to share their story and help people hone their skills and passion for screen printing! Shirt Agency, co-founded by Cole Lundstrom in 2012 alongside his partner Joni, first began by brokering screen printing work to larger companies. With a small customer base, they moved into a commercial space the following year and began manual screen printing in Downtown Los Angeles. Since that first space, Shirt Agency has expanded into a 7,000sqft facility in LA with 2 automatic ROQ presses. In 2017 they are opening another smaller operation in Rancho Cucamonga. Whether you have never printed before, want to learn about the newest inks and techniques, need a refresher on the basics, are ready for more advanced printing techniques, want to cut your prep time down, or ready to see what the next step in screen printing is...this is your class!
Meet Your Instructor!- Cole Lundstrom
Prior to starting his business Cole worked in 3 separate screen printing facilities learning how to manage full-scale operation day-to-day. When asked why he got into screen printing, Cole said, "I love working with customers on exciting new projects each week. It's so satisfying to take a concept and turn it into a premium product".
Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
2121 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA. 90006
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
The Screen Printing Class Includes:
- Blank t-shirts will be provided for you to practice your new knowledge
- Lunch for both days (call a week prior for vegetarian options)
- Ryonet's digital screen printing class book and materials for note-taking
- Most importantly, the skills and knowledge to progress in the industry
- Day 1: The 7 steps to the screen printing process are day 1; with a bit of printing in the morning and end of the day
- Day 2: Art and using the tips learned last 2 days for printing on the shirts provided
This class is for 16 years of age and up. No minors younger than 16 years of age due to safety requirements and labor laws.
The Screen Printing Class Covers:
- Basic artwork flow
- Film output options
- Choosing the right mesh for your project
- Setting up a dark room
- Choosing the right emulsion and properly coating your screen
- Using a pre-registration template
- Properly burning a screen
- Screen washout techniques
- How to register your job
- Proper silk screen printing techniques
- Clean-up techniques
- Overview of creating artwork using Illustrator, Accurip, and Separation Studio; Cole uses Adobe
- Spot color printing
- Four color process (CMYK) printing
- Simulated process printing
- Foil applications
- Discharge printing and mixing
- Water-based printing
- Discuss printing on paper
- Overview of different apparel types
- Tips on the business side of screen printing
Once you have paid for your class, refunds are not available. You must contact us no less than 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend the class you signed up for, we are happy to assist you in rescheduling for a different class at that point. If you do not contact us 24 hours in advance you will be charged a re-booking fee of $50. You may, also, choose to receive in-store credit in the same amount you paid for class tuition, or $50 less (if you did not contact us 24 hours in advance), which you can use towards your next Ryonet purchase. To make arrangements, or to request help, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-314-6390.
*Classes are subject to change. We will notify you of any updates via email.
*Classes are subject to change. We will notify you of any updates via email. Please note Ryonet is not responsible for lost deposit or travel booking fees if class dates change due to unforeseen circumstances.