In-person classes are back! Our team has over 100+ combined years of experience in the screen printing industry and we’re here to help you realize your printing goals. Our hands-on class will immerse you in the screen printing experience with two full days of instruction at Ryonet Headquarters in the beautiful city of Vancouver, Washington.
Bring your team or come on your own to master the skills needed to produce the highest quality prints whether you’re running an at-home hobby shop or a high volume print production facility. Our curriculum encompasses everything from artistic creation and darkroom techniques to intricate multi-color registration; all hands-on with state-of-the-art Riley Hopkins Presses, equipment and supplies.
This class is set up for educating first-time squeegee pullers, as well as printers who have been in the industry for a long time. Even if you’ve taken a previous course in screen printing; this class will deepen your understanding, streamline your processes, and elevate your screen printing skills. This high-value learning experience comes at an accessible price, but don't delay - our classes fill up fast every month!
*Note: Our commitment to safety and excellence means this class is exclusively for those aged 16 and above.
- Where: Ryonet Headquarters, 12303 NE 56th St, Vancouver, WA 98682
- Time: Friday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Saturday: 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Day 1: Delve into the steps of the screen printing process, complemented by hands-on sessions to solidify your learning.
- Day 2: Harness the power of artistry. Apply the techniques and tips from Day 1 to create masterpieces on the shirts provided.
- Setting up and maintaining your dark room
- Understanding the screen reclaim process
- Choosing the right emulsion and properly coating your screen
- Basic artwork flow (illustrator)
- Choosing the right mesh for your art
- Printing films through RIP Software
- Lining up film to screen and using a pre-registration template
- Proper understanding on how to expose a screen
- Screen washout techniques
- How to register your multicolor job
- Proper screen printing techniques
- Spot color printing
- Proper screen clean-up procedures
- Overview of different apparel types
- What inks to use on different fabric types and why
- Tips on the business side of screen printing
- Basic Photoshop Skills for screen printing
- Photoshop Separations
- Integrating Photoshop separations and Illustration
- ROQ Auto demonstration
- Simulated process printing
- Water-based printing
- Poster printing on paper
KEY HIGHLIGHTS & BENEFITS
- Decades of Mastery: With over 100 years of combined experience, our team at Ryonet headquarters is a treasure trove of knowledge and expertise. This location allows for seeing the RyonetMFG manufacturing process. Come see how Riley’s are made!
- Apparel: Print on a variety of blank tees (8-10 total!), featuring different brands, materials, and colors that you’ll take home with you. Thank you to our education apparel partners - Allmade, Sanmar, and Lane Seven.
- Pioneers of Education: Our original Screen Print Experience class has set industry standards, making it the preferred choice for enthusiasts and professionals alike.
- Networking Opportunities: Our classes are always full of really great people, come meet other printers from all over the world with a shared interest! Printing & happy hour on Friday starting at 3:30 pm
- Food & Drink: Provided coffee, continental breakfast, refreshments, and lunch over both days (with vegetarian/vegan options) Please reach out to email@example.com if you have specific dietary needs.
- Invest in YOU: We believe in Educate First. You and your team are your most valuable investment. The more you learn about the screen printing process and the business of screen printing, the more prepared for opportunities you will be.
Colin started screen printing in the fall of 1996. He took a job working for a resort wear company in the Seattle area that had 5 automatic presses. He began with the simple job of unloading shirts. That first print was a spoof on the Grateful Dead by an Alaskan Artist Ray Troll called: The Baitful Dead. He was hooked. The fishing puns continued with the first print job he set up by himself, a 2 color print called shadow of a trout. 3 months into his job, Colin was setting up and running the press. At 6 months he was training new employees on set up and use of the Automatic presses.
After deciding that screen printing was a lot of fun (and it looked like something he could make a real living doing) Colin decided to take a deep dive into everything screen printing. Over the next 5 years Colin learned Illustrator, Photoshop, and how to color separate within photoshop, dark room and pre-press, stretching screens and understanding mesh. Everything from after the order is created through to fulfillment. This culminated in his efforts winning an Impressions Manual Screen print award for Sim Process in 2003 for the shop he was working at.
In 2006 Colin began work for QCM Inks (currently an ink brand in the Avient stable of inks). While there he made quick friends with those working in the Lab and was introduced to how inks were made and what makes each ink different. Suddenly things started to make a lot more sense! After QCM was purchased by Rutland (now owned by Avient) he made his way down to a 2 auto shop in Beaverton Oregon where he was Artist/Separator and production manager overseeing and engaging in all aspects of the print shop.
In July of 2018 Colin joined Ryonet and is currently Product Manager and lead SPE Educator.
- Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Heathman Lodge: Experience luxury at 7801 NE Greenwood Dr. Vancouver, WA. 98662. For bookings, call (360)254-3100.
- Best Western: A blend of comfort and convenience at 9420 NE Vancouver Mall Dr. Vancouver, WA. 98662. Reach out at (360) 256-0707.
CANCELLATION AND RESCHEDULING POLICY
- Life happens. Reschedule 24 hours in advance to avoid a $50 re-booking fee.
- Commitment is key. Once enrolled, refunds are not available.
- Opt for in-store credit, and invest in your future purchases at Ryonet.
- For any assistance, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-314-6390.
*Ryonet holds no responsibility for lost deposits or travel bookings due to unforeseen changes.*
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.