Elevate your screen printing experience with Chromaline ChromaLime Emulsion. This emulsion offers fast exposure, reduced sticking to all surfaces, and is perfect for automated reclaim systems. Don't settle for less - trust the Pure Photopolymer standard in emulsions. Take your printing to the next level with ChromaLime.
- Color: Bright Green
- 40% solids content
- Optimized for LED and traditional UV exposure systems
- Very fast exposing
- Eliminates/greatly reduces sticking to film positives and exposure unit glass
- Non-tacky in high humidity conditions
- Improves resolution and definition
- Optimal translucency for easy registration and faster press setups
- Ideal for automated reclaim systems
- ChromaLime is best used with plastisol inks for textiles, achieving faster press setup and easier reclaimability.
SCREEN PREPDEHAZE / DEGREASE
Before coating a screen with ChromaLime, your screen must be clean and free of any dirt and oils. With brand new screens we recommend a Dehaze and also a degrease step before coating.
ScreenPrinting.com suggests using any of the following products:
- Sgreen Stuff Dehazer and Degreaser
- Easiway Multipurpose Ink, Stain & Haze Remover
- Baselayr Emulsion Prep
Fill scoop coater with room temperature emulsion. Slowly apply first coat to the t-shirt side. Next, coat squeegee side with 1-3 coats depending upon stencil thickness required. For most art, a 1X1 coating will be optimal. If a thicker stencil is required, apply additional wet-on-wet coatings from the squeegee side.
- ChromaLime is presensitized. Stir before use.
- Keep pail covered when not in use.
- Return clean unused emulsion from scoop coater to pail and cover as soon as possible.
Dry screen thoroughly in horizontal position with print/t-shirt side down, using a completely clean and dark drying cabinet. Temperature should not exceed 110ºF (43ºC).EXPOSE
Use the Baselayr Stepwedge Emulsion Calculator to determine proper exposure times for ChromaLime, place the calculator reading facedown with the back in contact with t-shirt side of the screen. Exposure times for ChromaLime are very short and accurate exposure is important for optimal results. Follow directions for a solid step 7 during screen rinse out.DEVELOP
Gently spray both sides of screen with lukewarm water, wait up to 30 seconds then gently wash t-shirt side of the screen until image is fully open. Rinse both sides thoroughly. Dry screen completely and you are ready to print.RECLAIM
Apply Sgreen Stripper Emulsion Remover to both sides of the screen. Scrub with a stiff nylon brush or scrub pad and ensure entire surface is covered and let sit until stencil begins to dissolve.
You can also use a dip tank: Dip the screen in the dip tank for up to 30 seconds (time depends on mesh count/emulsion thickness). We recommend Easiway Dip Tank solution in the Sgreen Dip Tank for this purpose
Remove stencil residue with pressure washer. Finish the screen with a degrease/dehaze as needed, then rinse with hose pressure, thoroughly flooding screen and frame
Exposure variables depend on mesh count, mesh color, stencil thickness and moisture level in the coated screen. Keep humidity levels below 40% at all times. Use a dehumidifier to ensure proper darkroom humidity levels.
- Lower mesh = slower exposure / Higher mesh = faster exposure
- Thicker stencil = slower exposure / Thinner stencil = faster exposure
- More moisture = Under Exposed and difficult to rinse out
- Less moisture = proper exposure and maximum detail resolution.
- Yellow mesh = slower exposure and more detail resolution
- White mesh = faster exposure
SUGGESTED EXPOSURE TIMES
- Mesh: 156 standard mesh color: White, Baselayr V & X Series Unit: 25-35s
- Mesh: 230 standard mesh color: Yellow, Baselayr V & X Series Unit: 25-35s
- Mesh: 305 standard mesh color: Yellow, Baselayr V & X Series Unit: 20 - 25s
To further dial in your exposure time, run the Step Wedge test with a Step Wedge Calculator.
HELPFUL HINTS TO ENSURE YOUR EMULSION LASTS LONGER
- Store in a cool area. ChromaLime should be stored at room temperature and should not be stored at temperatures above 80°F (27°C) or below 32°F (0°C).
- Keep the emulsion lid on tight to preserve air and light leaks.
- Gently mix the emulsion each time before use to help extend the life.
ChromaLime pure photopolymer emulsion should be stored in its original container.
FREEZE WARNING: When ordering emulsion during the winter, please note that it's possible for emulsion to freeze during transit. Frozen emulsion is unusable. We recommend to plan accordingly when ordering so shipping is uninterrupted and to pull all delivery packages inside the building and store in a warm place immediately.
PRODUCT DATA SHEETS
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.