Screen Print Experience Class Chicago
Barrel Maker Printing has taken the Screen Print Experience to the next level! As a large shop with multiple automatic screen printing machines, they have honed their screen printing skills down to a science. Attending this screen printing class in Illinois will give you foundational skills for screen printing as well as expert tips from a large professional screen printing shop. Barrel Maker Printing oozes passion and wants to make sure that anyone learning how to screenprint at their class walks away with enough knowledge to succeed in whatever they want. This class consistently sells out and has helped hundreds of printers discover their passion for screen printing
Meet your instructors! - Erin Moore / Justin Moore
Erin and Justin are co-founders of Barrel Maker Printing. Together, they bought their first silver press from Ryonet in 2009 and created their first business in the middle of their living room. Eager to get the business going, Justin began marketing professional services all around the city, and they quickly outgrew the house they started in. After moving into their new commercial space, they started doing big jobs for corporate brands, local schools, and even the government. Erin loves the satisfaction that she gets when the many variables of screen printing come together to create a perfect product and Justin's passion for his work is infectious, "I love screen printing. Every job is different. There is always troubleshooting and problem-solving. I love that you can achieve the same results in many different ways."
Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
1435 Busch Parkway, Buffalo Grove, IL. 60089
Chicago O'Hare Airport (ORD)
The Westin Chicago North Shore
601 N Milwaukee Ave, Wheeling, IL 60090 (847) 777-6500
Holiday Inn & Suites
2600 Lake Cook Road, Riverwoods, IL 60015 (847) 374-0260
Extended Stay America
1525 Busch Pkwy, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 (847) 215-0641
The Screen Printing Class Includes:
- Blank t-shirts will be provided for you to practice your new knowledge
- Lunch for both days (call a week prior for vegetarian options)
- Ryonet's digital screen printing class book and materials for note-taking
- Most importantly, the skills and knowledge to progress in the industry
- Day 1: The 7 steps to the screen printing process are day 1; with a bit of printing in the morning and end of the day
- Day 2: Art and using the tips learned last 2 days for printing on the shirts provided
This class is for 16 years of age and up. No minors younger than 16 years of age due to safety requirements and labor laws.
The Screen Printing Class Covers:
- Basic artwork flow
- Film output options
- Choosing the right mesh for your project
- Setting up a dark room
- Choosing the right emulsion and properly coating your screen
- Using a pre-registration template
- Properly burning a screen
- Screen washout techniques
- How to register your job
- Proper silk screen printing techniques
- Clean-up techniques
- Overview of Illustrator, Accurip, Separation Studio, and Photoshop; Justin and Erin use Adobe and Photoshop.
- Spot color printing
- Four color process (CMYK) printing
- Simulated process printing
- Foil applications
- Discharge printing and mixing
- Water-based printing
- Discuss printing on paper
- Overview of different apparel types
Once you have paid for your class, refunds are not available. You must contact us no less than 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend the class you signed up for, we are happy to assist you in rescheduling for a different class at that point. If you do not contact us 24 hours in advance you will be charged a re-booking fee of $50. You may, also, choose to receive in-store credit in the same amount you paid for class tuition, or $50 less (if you did not contact us 24 hours in advance), which you can use towards your next Ryonet purchase. To make arrangements, or to request help, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-314-6390.
*Classes are subject to change. We will notify you of any updates via email. Please note Ryonet is not responsible for lost deposit or travel booking fees if class dates change due to unforeseen circumstances.