Wood Squeegee 60 Durometer - Pack
Shipping Transit Time
Availability is based on available stock info, and may be affected by order volumes.
This is a complete squeegee package with high quality squeegees with a smooth poplar handle. We've included two 6" squeegees for pocket and small prints, two 12" squeegees for standard size front prints, and finally two large 16" squeegees for full back prints. All Ryonet squeegees are made from the high quality polyurethane blade manufactured in the USA by Pleiger.Squeegee durometer is the squeegee "hardness" that determines the amount of pressure required to push ink through mesh. In general, soft squeegees leave a thicker ink deposit, while hard squeegees deposit a thinner amount.
(2) 6" 60 Durometer Squeegee w/ Wood Handle
(2) 12" 60 Durometer Squeegee w/ Wood Handle
(2) 16" 60 Durometer Squeegee w/ Wood Handle
What durometer should you use?
- 60 durometer is the softest and leaves a minimal ink deposit, its great for very thin ink and water based inks
- 70 durometer is by far the most popular and versatile in the garment industry, its a great general purpose blade for just about everything
- 80 durometer provides a stronger force and larger deposit for thick opaque inks
- 70/90/70 triple durometer gives you a soft edge with a hard center for optimal control
Achieving the best screen printing performance and productivity is greatly dependent on the selection of the correct squeegee for the application and proper squeegee maintenance. When printing, monitor production time and rotate squeegees frequently. (The necessary rotation frequency is dependent on the ink / solvent system involved in the application) By doing so, you will achieve a more uniform print quality and increase the life of your squeegees. A squeegee should always be wiped clean and dry following removal from the press and stored in a dry environment at room temperature. The blade should be allowed to recover from the ink and solvent attack and rest for a period of 24 hours. It can then be placed back into production, or if necessary re-sharpened and placed back into production.
Polyurethane Squeegees should always be stored flat in a dry (50% Relative Humidity) environment at room temperature. (approximately 60-70 degrees F) Storage at temperatures below 60 degrees F may show an increase in durometer. This increase has no influence on the physical properties or the performance of the polyurethane. Under these storage conditions, the shelf life of the squeegee is approximately one year. Older squeegees often show increased printing performance.