Creating a Bigger Film Positive For A Larger Screen Print
Your ambitions are big, and so are your screen print designs. But what happens when you want a full-size print and you only have access to a small output printer? Sometimes you just need a bigger film positive than your output printer can handle. Don’t worry; you can go as big as you want when you combine films!
It’s simple really. Here’s how to get a bigger film positive by combining films:
- Decide on the size that you want for your final print.
- Separate your design so that it prints out each section on a separate film sheet.
- Cut off the excess film on the side that you are lining up with your second film.
- Line up your designs so that they match up, overlapping 1/8th” to avoid spaces.
- Tape your designs together, placing your tape on the back of the film to avoid residue.
Check out this video to see Ryan show you step-by-step how to combine films to make a larger film positive.
The post Creating a Bigger Film Positive For A Larger Screen Print appeared first on Ryonet Blog.