Maximize Apparel Order Profits With Back-to-School Promotional Needs
Thousands of screen printers are expanding their service offerings to include selling hard goods like mugs, pens, bags and more. It allows them to be a one-stop shop for their customers, stay ahead of the competition, earn more revenue and maintain their customer base.
Ryonet has partnered with ASI to make it easy to outsource hard goods orders for your current customers with no extra inventory or equipment needed. We'll show you how to get started with the hottest back-to-school promotional products you can offer your screen-printing customers, how ASI can help you outsource these orders and the revenue potential of promo products.
Back to School Is the Perfect Time to Get Started
With school nearly back in session, now is the time to tap into the $24.7 billion promotional products industry with coveted back-to-school items. Here are some examples of promo products your current customers need and could be buying from you:
• When schools order screen-printed shirts for pep rallies, you can also sell them rally towels, inflatable cheering sticks and LED pompoms, all with their logo!
• School football games are popular with everyone in the community and a great place to show off cool promotional items. On your next jersey order, suggest rally fans, soft squeezable footballs, schedule magnets, rally towels, foam can holders and ponchos imprinted with the school mascot or logo.
• School Spirit Day is a festive occasion for schools to imprint products with their logo, slogan or mascot. When they order T-shirts for these events, suggest felt pennants, school spirit flags or spirit stick pompoms.
• Don’t forget about earning profit from elementary school field days. Suggest logoed bubble wand bottles, mini fans or sunglasses.
• Sports teams have a lot of apparel needs, but they also need a lot of hard goods with their logo imprinted, such as water bottles, sports bags and folding chairs.
• College orientation is right around the corner, so when schools stock up on apparel needs for their school stores, ask if they also need stress balls, lanyards, USB drives or hand sanitizers with their logo.
• Job fairs are popular among schools, and the #1 way to attract people to a booth is with promo. Suggest free T-shirt giveaways with branded stylus pens, paper note pads or USB car chargers.
What Is ASI and How Can We Help You Fulfill These Orders?
ASI is the leading membership organization in the $24.7 billion promotional products industry. We help screen printers like you access wholesale suppliers of promotional products, which can be imprinted with any decoration method your customers need. Simply place your customer's order with one of ASI's 3,200 wholesale suppliers. They’ll imprint the product and fulfill the order, then you invoice your customer and make a 35% profit. With an ASI membership, you also get free entry to networking events, industry education and support from over 425 ASI employees.
Show Me the Money
On average, your customers buy promo 3-4 times per year – shouldn’t they buy from you?
Here’s a breakdown of the revenue potential promotional products have:
• Average profit margin: 35-40%
• Average order size: $575
• Average number of orders per year: 300
If just 10 of your customers order promo products from you three times annually, that’s an extra $17,250 per year. And all you have to do is ask them, “Do you need any promotional items with your apparel order?”
To learn more about ASI® and selling promo products, visit go.asicentral.com/ryonetschoolblog.