Screen Print Experience Class Farmingdale, NY
Shipping Transit Time
Montage Clothing has been teaching Ryonet's Screen Printing Experience class for longer than any of our other partners. This screen printing class in New York is where you should go if you want to learn to screen print for fun and profit. Greg, the instructor at Montage Clothing, brings his love and passion for art and fashion to add a unique perspective to the screen print experience. This screen printing class is ideal for anyone wanting to learn how to screen print on the east coast. With a many years of successful screen printing business experience and an amazing instructor, Montage Clothing brings creative ideas and execution to the forefront with their Screen Printing Experience Class.
Meet your instructor! - Greg Greco
Greg is the young and energetic owner of Montage Clothing in New York. Montage was the first company to partner with Ryonet and to bring screen printing classes to the east coast. Greg lives a screen print lifestyle, teaches a thorough and fun class, and is ready to show you how exciting (and profitable) screen printing can be. While focusing on branded clothing lines and building worth into every garment, Greg will also show you all the different items you can screen print on! Greg knows the ins and outs of growing your screen print business, after all, he grew his own business from a starter kit to automatic shop. He is well versed in Illustrator as well.
Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
55B Milbar Blvd, Farmingdale, NY. 11735
JFK: 30 min drive Laguardia: 30-40 min drive ISP: 20 min drive
Four Points by Sheraton
333 South Service Road,Plainview, NY. 11803 (516) 694-6500
Homewood Suites By Hilton
1585 Round Swamp Road, Melville, NY. 11803 (516) 370-0994
The Screen Printing Class Includes:
- Blank t-shirts to print on (these are yours to keep, sizes vary)
- Lunch for both days (call week prior for vegetarian options)
- Ryonet screen printing class book and materials for note taking
- Most importantly, the skills and knowledge to progress in the industry
This class is for 16 years of age and up. No minors younger than 16 years of age due to safety requirements and labor laws.
The Screen Printing Class Covers:
- Basic artwork flow
- Film output options
- Choosing the right mesh for your project
- Setting up a dark room
- Choosing the right emulsion and properly coating your screen
- Using a pre-registration template
- Properly burning a screen
- Screen washout techniques
- How to register your job
- Proper silk screen printing techniques
- Clean-up techniques
- Overview of creating artwork using Illustrator, Accurip, and Separation Studio
- Spot color printing
- Four color process (CMYK) printing
- Simulated process printing
- Foil applications
- Discharge printing and mixing
- Water based printing
- Discuss printing on paper
- Overview of different apparel types
- Tips on business side of screen printing
Once you have paid for your class, refunds are not available. You must contact us no less than 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend the class you signed up for, we are happy to assist you in rescheduling for a different class at that point. If you do not contact us 24 hours in advance you will be charged a re-booking fee of $50. You may, also, choose to receive in-store credit in the same amount you paid for class tuition, or $50 less (if you did not contact us 24 hours in advance), which you can use towards your next Ryonet purchase. To make arrangements, or to request help, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-314-6390.
*Classes are subject to change. We will notify you of any updates via email.