Screen Printing Experience - Brooklyn NY
Shipping Transit Time
Dennis starting screen printing in 2007 with no background in art or printmaking. He'd worked on Wall Street wearing a suit and tie every day and gave it all up to start printing t-shirts. He knew he wanted to work with his hands to create and be a craftsman; screen printing filled that need. He started his business as a single- color, single-station press in his parents' garage and grew slowly to his first automatic press.
Ampersand's niche is focused primarily on local businesses that they personally connect and identify with, and mostly through word of mouth. They pride themselves on their quality & service which hasn't changed since the first day. "I truly love screen printing with a passion and respect the process involved. I started my career as a Ryonet student, so it means a lot to be an EDU partner, to be able to share with others what was shared with me."
Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Ampersand Print Co.
www.industrycity.com for more info on the area
Brooklyn can be easily accessed by any of the NY area airports:
John F. Kennedy (JFK)
Newark, NJ (EWR)
The Screen Printing Class Includes:
- Blank Allmade t-shirts (2nds) to print on (these are yours to keep, sizes vary)
- Lunch for both days (call week prior for vegetarian options)
- Ryonet screen printing class book and materials for note taking
- Most importantly, the skills and knowledge to progress in the industry
This class is for 16 years of age and up. No minors younger than 16 years of age due to safety requirements and labor laws.
The Screen Printing Class Covers:
- Basic artwork flow
- Film output options
- Choosing the right mesh for your project
- Setting up a dark room
- Choosing the right emulsion and properly coating your screen
- Using a pre-registration template
- Properly burning a screen
- Screen washout techniques
- How to register your job
- Proper silk screen printing techniques
- Clean-up techniques
- Overview of Illustrator, Accurip,Separation Studio, and Photoshop
- Spot color printing
- Four color process (CMYK) printing
- Simulated process printing
- Foil applications
- Discharge printing and mixing
- Water based printing
- Discuss printing on paper
- Overview of different apparel types
- Tips on the business side of screen printing
Once you have paid for your class, refunds are not available. You must contact us no less than 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend the class you signed up for, we are happy to assist you in rescheduling for a different class at that point. If you do not contact us 24 hours in advance you will be charged a re-booking fee of $50. You may, also, choose to receive in-store credit in the same amount you paid for class tuition, or $50 less (if you did not contact us 24 hours in advance), which you can use towards your next Ryonet purchase. To make arrangements, or to request help, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-314-6390.
*Classes are subject to change. We will notify you of any updates via email.