If you want to ensure that your screen is properly exposed, you’ll want to have a 21-Step Exposure Guide on hand. In a single exposure, you’ll learn whether a stencil is over-or under-exposed and how to adjust the exposure time for a durable stencil. Measuring only 1/2" x 3 3/4", it will fit on the screen without interfering with other graphics.
Many factors can change exposure times — mesh color, different types of emulsions, mesh count, new exposure unit, emulsion layer thickness, level of detail, etc. The BASELAYR 21-Step Emulsion Exposure Guide is a small, handy tool that’s good to have on hand for any new screen creation.
- A simple guide to note whether a screen is over-or under-exposed
- A guide that outlines how to adjust exposure times based on the initial results
- Small size so it doesn’t interfere with the design
- Place the 21-Step Exposure Guide on the screen, away from the design.
- Expose the screen.
- After exposure, soak the screen in a dunk tank or gently rinse it with a hose and let the water soak in.
- Grab a pressure washer and rinse out the screen and the guide. If you can rinse to a solid step seven, then the screen has been properly exposed.
- If you cannot rinse out the guide to the seventh mark, the screen is over-exposed. Over-exposed screens may not reveal all the details in the design.
- If you rinse out the guide past the seventh mark, the screen is under-exposed. Screens that are under-exposed lose details from the design.
- If you are over-or under-exposed, please refer to the table below to learn how to adjust the exposure times.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Frequently Bought Together
- exposure calculator
If you dont have one of these already, buy one! Very handy and helps a TON on making sure your screens are exposed properly!
Chris - thank you so much for leaving a review - this calculator really does help take out alot of the guess work when dialing in your burn times! Happy Printing!
Baselayr Step Wedge Basic Emulsion Exposure Calculator
Seems to work like it should.
Thank you for the review! Reach out to us if any questions come up! Happy printing! -Samuel
Perfect for dialing in new equipment
The exposure calculator works perfectly, and was crucial to dialing in my screen burning process, especially because I recently switched to a new emulsion (the Baselayr Plastisol Emulsion) and built a new DIY exposure unit. The readings are very accurate and the exposure adjustment calculations will perfect exposure time down to the second.
Tyler - We really appreciate the feedback! Excellent to hear that you are using all of the tools together, which is allowing you to really dial in those exposure. Keep up the solid work! Happy Printing :-)
The best tool you can buy for your business for under $30! We use this every 4-6 weeks to ensure our exposure times are perfect. There’s always room for improvement!
Hey Casey -super stoked to hear you're utilizing this dark room tool! Takes some of the guess work out for sure. Happy Printing!
Stop what you are doing and buy 1 of these.
What a great little piece of printed plastic . My exposures were so off that I now realized why some of my designs were loosing details. This is a great tool. I go a bit beyond an tape a pice of my film (without any print) to cover half of the strip , you can see how much your film also impacts your exposure. Also, I gang a couple of test in the same screen to use different exposure times.
Hey Jorge! Thanks so much for the stellar review! So stoked to hear you've been able to dial in your exposure times with the calculator!